Career success takes a long time — months and years — of planning and focused implementation. Are you practicing these steps in your internship, workplace, and classroom today? (If you haven’t yet met with your FDU career coach, please e-mail me today at firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Know Your Strengths and Weaknesses (self-awareness is KEY to career success).
2. Advance Your Skills (constantly address your skills gaps, & learn to TALK bout your growth with facts and specifics).
3. Know the Company (if you are a student not yet doing an internship, get to know & TALK in-depth about the industry you will belong to).
4. Understand Your Boss (if you are a student not yet doing an internship, build professional relationships with your faculty members — they will be writing your recommendation letters soon!)
5. Demonstrate Your Worth (as a student, stand out in class so your faculty members know you, and your work ethic. They will be writing your recommendation letters soon!)
[based on an article by David Sarokin, Dec. 2020 (https://work.chron.com/five-things-need-succeed-career-3936.html)]